Garlic-Herb Portabella Mushrooms
Great as a burger replacement! Slice it up and top a bed of greens! Or mix it into a pasta with extra olive oil. Can be served hot or cold!
- Ready In:
- 4 large fresh portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced) or 2 tablespoons red onions (minced)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shaved fresh parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Place mushrooms in a quart size zip lock bag combine remaining ingredients except cheese and pour over the top of the mushrooms.
- Marinate for 1-2 hours, tossing once or twice.
- Remove from marinade and cook on hot grill for 3 minutes on each side watching carefully not to burn.
- Serve as a side dish, main course, or on a roll (burger substitute).
- Topped with shaved cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wish I could do a 4 1/2 star. Loved these mushrooms, made as directed only didn't bother with the parm. The balsamic was a little overpowering, even though I really like the flavour - could be the particular one I used which is quite strong - next time I'd scale that back by half, but otherwise this is a really simple and satisfying way to enjoy beautiful portabellas. Thanks Rita!Reply
The balsamic was the predominate flavor in these portabellas. It seemed a little overpowering and didn't let the oher flavors come through as much as we would have liked. If we make these again we'll probably cut the b. vinegar way back. We usually love grilled portabellas, but these just wern't the ones for us. Sorry.Reply
see 19 more