Grilled Corned Beef and Fontina Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 8 slices jewish-style rye bread
- Dijon mustard
- 1 lb corned beef, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface.
- Spread mustard on 1 side of each. Divide corned beef among bread slices. Top with cheese and onion. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium heat. Place 2 sandwiches on each skillet and cook until golden brown on bottom, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 3 minutes. Turn sandwiches over and cook until golden on bottom and cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to plates, cut in half and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home MOM who spends a lot of time cooking for my family. It is one of my main hobbies. I am also an avid quilter and reader. I love trying new recipes and often have more on my list to try than I will ever get around to making. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">