Grilled Cheese With Bacon and Maple Mustard
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 12 slices good quality smoky bacon (3 slices per sandwich)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices white bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup stone ground dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded extra extra-sharp cheddar cheese or 8 slices white cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded gruyere cheese or 8 slices gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake to crisp.
- Brush 1 side of each slice of bread liberally with melted butter.
- Stir together Dijon mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Assemble sandwiches: bread, buttered side out, maple mustard, cheddar, bacon, Gruyère, bread with mustard on inside, buttered side out.
- Grill sandwiches on a nonstick griddle over medium heat until cheese melts and they’re deeply golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i am a fan of Rachael Ray, have one of her cookbooks and watch her show as well. I remember her making this sammie, but hadn't tried it myself yet. I'm glad you posted the recipe, because it shouldn't be missed being made. I scaled it back to serve just me. I certainly wouldn't want to have more than one, because it's very rich. :)