Green Bean Salad With Tomatoes and Feta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Jack Bishop’s Vegetables Every Day. Very pretty all green or with a mix of green and yellow beans.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb green beans, green and yellow, ends snapped off
- 2 medium tomatoes, ripe (about one pound)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring several quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the beans and salt to taste. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, shake dry and then spread out over a clean towel so they dry quickly. Let the beans cool to room temperature.
- Combine the tomatoes, shallot, oil, lemon juice, parsley and pepper to taste in a large serving bowl.
- Add the beans and adjust the seasonings, using salt sparingly.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad and serve immediately.
- Variation: Use 1 tablespoon walnut oil and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the salad with 1/3 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts and crumbed goat cheese (instead of the feta) just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION