Greek Vegetable Stew
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 lb potato, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 lbs fresh green peas
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- Heat 1/3 cup oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add onions and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add fennel bulb and saute for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add potatoes and saute for 4 minutes more.
- Add peas, carrots, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining water, lemon juice, remaining oil and 1/4 cup dill.
- Stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining dill.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!