photo by Trudy M.
- Ready In:
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 6 cups torn spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a dutch oven, cook celery, onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Add beef broth, water and rice.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the torn spinach, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, thyme and pepper.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Top with feta cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the Phoenix area where the sun always shines. I love to cook and garden. I am a "gadget freak" and seem to buy every cooking tool that comes on the market. Currently, I'm playing with pressure cooker cuisine. If I could take a month off, I'd go to Italy and go to 3-4 different cooking schools. My favorite cookbook is "The New Professional Chef" by the Culinary Institute of America. The dog in the photo is Scout, who just happens to be the best dog in the world.