Greek Lemon Sweet Potatoes
photo by reese.moore13
- Ready In:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan large enough to fit potatoes. While water is coming to a boil wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into 1/8 inch medallions and add to boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. The potatoes should hold their shape and be slightly firm in the middle. While potatoes are cooking chop the parsley and assemble the rest of the ingedients.
- Strain the potatoes and set a sauté pan over medium heat and add butter until barely foaming then add the potatoes to the pan and season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the potatoes until slightly browned and fully cooked in the middle.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the lemon juice to the pan and toss until fully coated. Check for seasoning and turn off the heat. Once off the heat, add the chopped parsley and toss. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!