Greek Lemon-Roasted Potatoes
Delicious Greek potato recipe! If you like them a bit brown and crispy, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lg lemons)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dish and toss until well coated.
- Bake uncovered about 50 minutes until tender and brown on the edges.
- Turn the potatoes halfway into cooking time and add more water if the water is all absorbed.
- Turn on the broiler for a few minutes to make them nice and brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I adjusted the measurements as I only used 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes. I actually used less than half of the lemon juice and olive oil and still used the called for amount of water. I did not need to add water when I tossed potatoes half way through and it was just enough to last throughout cooking...however, once they were done there was still a lot of oil left. The finished product was way too lemony for my taste and too oily as well. Will make again using same ingredients but a little less lemon and WAY less oil! I still gave 4 stars b/c I like the flavor combination with the lemon, just a little less!Reply