Great Grains Muffins
photo by HisPixie
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup white flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit (may mix dried cherries, raisins, and chopped prunes)
- Preheat the oven to 400*. Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk with the maple syrup, eggs, and butter.
- Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don't overmix - these are muffins; they don't need to be real smooth. Stir in the fruit.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean. Cool well before removing from the pan.
- Eat fresh or wrap and freeze for another time. These rewarm perfectly in the microwave, or you can just defrost them on the counter for an hour or so.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm the mother of triplet daughters and now 4 grandchildren; 2 step-grandchildren. I'm a critical care nurse by background, as well as hospice nursing. I love to cook and bake. My husband is a wonderful taste tester for me and never, ever complains about my many experiments and new dishes. Love that man. We have 4 cats: a neurotic gray calico named Cupcake, a kitten named RubyMae, a Maine coon named Arwen, a short-haired dilute torti Gigi,. One dog...a shepherd/sheltie, Greta. I been her since RecipeZaar days (miss that place). I'm from Pittsburgh, PA.