- Ready In:
- chipped ice
- 4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 cups tequila
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup sugar
- coarse salt
- 1 lime, sliced,for garnish
- mint sprig, for garnish
- Fill a blender with chipped ice.
- Add one third of the grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and sugar.
- Blend at top speed until frothy.
- Pour into 3 or 4 chilled or salt rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime slice and sprig of mint.
- Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients.
Join The Conversation
For me this was a great balance and quite refreshing. It's not a strong drink in either flavor or kick, but that's just right for me. I like the bit of sweetness from the grapefruit juice and I sugared my rim rather than salted which helped round out that sweet twist. I also used Lime Jose Cuervo in mine because I just don't like regular tequila much. These go down very smooth indeed!