Grandma's Old Fashioned Brownies
These are the best, chewiest, chocolatest, brownies ever!!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add the cocoa and stir.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, flour, and salt (also nuts if you are using them).
- Pour cocoa mixture over egg mixture and stir all together.
- Put into a greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For a doubled recipe use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Icing, recipe below.
Icing for Best Ever Brownies:
- 1 1/3 cup icing sugar.
- 1/3 cup cocoa.
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine.
- 1 tbsp & 2 tsp hot water
- Beat all ingredients together, add more liquid if necessary.
- Spread over brownies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are incredibly good!! I make two changes to the recipe. First, I make my brownies gluten free using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix instead of flour. Lastly, I use a 4oz dark chocolate bar (Ghiradelli, 60-100% cacao) and melt it with the stick of butter with a double boiler on the stove. They are incredible. I usually top them with whipped cream and raspberries. Almost tastes like a chocolate cake.