Grandma's Hot Milk Cake
- Ready In:
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add butter to milk; keep hot.
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon-coloured (about 3 minutes at high speed on mixer).
- Gradually add sugar, beating constantly at medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Quickly add flour ingredients to egg mixture; stir just until blended.
- Stir in hot milk mixture and vanilla: blend well.
- Pour into a 9 x 1 1/2 " round pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan; about 15 minutes; then remove to rack.
- Top with your favorite icing or: 1 1/2 cup icing sugar, add milk until creamy texture (about 3 tbsp) and a slpash of vanilla.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!