Gourmet Magazine Coconut Blondies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just the ingredients make me hungry.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and cooled
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a 3-qt heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Whisk in brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, then whisk into butter mixture. Stir in pecans and 1 1/2 cups coconut.
- Spread in pan and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake about 35 minutes. Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION