- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
1 10 inch pie plate
- 1 head garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks
- 10 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and excess water pressed out
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the garlic head in half (so that you have two rain drop shaped halves) and remove any loose, papery skin.
- Place the garlic on the baking sheet, cut side down.
- Split peppers in half and remove seeds and stems.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet, skin side up
- Roast garlic and peppers for 40-45 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- Immediately seal peppers in a baggie or other container for about 15 minutes to allow peppers to steam.
- Peel the charred skin from the peppers (the skin should come away easily).
- In a sauce pan over low heat, mix cream cheese, Gorgonzola, heavy cream, and sour cream until well-blended.
- Coarsely chop peppers and add to cheese mixture along with spinach and roasted garlic (gently squeeze the roasted halves to get the garlic out).
- Place mixture into a 10" pie plate and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake about 20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Serve with crusty bread, crackers, flat bread or other sturdy dippers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As a single parent, I have two full-time jobs: the one that pays the bills and the one that makes the bills worth paying.</p> 12849013"