Goldman's Coffee Cake
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's magazine. It is a recipe submitted by her readers. It makes a delicious coffee cake.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, oil and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread half of cake mixture in bottom of pan.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over cake mixture in pan.
- Gently spread remaining cake mixture over brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and flavoring until smooth.
- Using a fork, pierce cake at 1-inch intervals.
- Drizzle icing evenly over cake.
- Let icing harden for 20 minutes; cut into squares to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A good moist coffee cake recipe. I added chopped pecans to the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. I think the next time I make this, I am going to cut the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture and the icing that is drizzled on the top in half. Using the full amount made it a little too rich and sweet for me. Thanks for sharing, Lainey.Reply