Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas or 1 cup raisins
- 1 organic egg
- 1⁄4 cup cold pressed canola oil
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup organic almond milk or 1/2 cup soy milk
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!