Gluten-Free Oat Challah (Bread Machine)
photo by Naddene
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups water, very warm
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- agave syrup, 10 squirts or honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg yolk, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour (brown or white)
- 3 cups oat flour (gluten free certified)
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- poppy seed (optional)
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients according to your bread machine's directions and run it on dough cycle. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- When it's finished, dump the dough into small greased oval pans or muffin tins. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with poppy, sunflower, and/or sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 F degrees until done (about 20 minutes). It should be nicely browned on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!