Gingerbread Muffins. Soft and light. Great with a glass of milk.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins or line muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Stir flour cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Beat margrine on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Add egg beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine boiling water and molasses add to brown sugar mix beating until well combined.
- Add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 9 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these up as mini muffins and got about 2 dozen -- all nicely raised and even. Perfect little muffins. Tasty, but we felt like they were missing something. We're too used to muffins having fruit of some kind. I ended up adding a cinnamon icing to the top. I guess that makes them more like a cupcake than a muffin, but they're really good like that!Reply