- Ready In:
- In a mixing bown, beat shortening with an electric mixer, on medium to high speed.
- Add sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat till combined, scraping bowl.
- Beat in molasses, egg and vinegar till combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the doug at a t time to 1/8 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes. Place 1 inch apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 5-6, minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. If desired, decorate cookies with icing and candy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passion is cooking, I have been baking and cooking since I was young. With 2 working parents it was essential. <br> <br>I am trained as a Professional Cook, even have a cooking certificate, lol. The best education I ever got was going to cooking school. <br> <br>I spent 3 years cooking in a gas station restaurant and all was well working there, but my heart still wanted to cook for kids. October 2008 I finally got the job I wanted. I been cooking for the kids for just over a year now and I love every day of it. The kids are great, some frustration, but it is all good, they are so smiley everyday, how could you not like work when you have a bunch of smiling faces looking at you. <br> <br>Another good thing about my job is I get the summers off. I had a pretty good summer, I got to tend to my garden and get a bunch of stuff into the freezers, I was given a second freezer this summer. I have been planning on eating mainly out of the freezers so we can save some extra cash for Christmas. <br> <br>I have plans on finding some nutrition courses that I can do online, just for dabbling in, it would sure help with cooking for the kids. <br> <br>I live with my hubby and 3 kids (11,6,5), and one cat, who is part in-door, out-door. <br> <br>I really want to get back into losing weight this school year, it has been 1 1/2 years since I lost about 15 pounds, I have maintained that loss though. I would still like to lose another 10 pounds.