Ginger Milk Tea
Adapted from Gourmet, from the Internet. Something to rival hot chocolate. .and good if you have extra ginger around.
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons loose black tea leaves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- Bring the water and ginger to a boil in a small pot. Once it is boiling, turn off the heat.
- Stir in tea and cover. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and sugar, and add more sugar if needed.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large (6-cup) blender, discarding the solids.
- Blend the mixture until foamy (use caution when blending hot liquids), then pour into mugs. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh Manda, this is great. I happen to love the taste of ginger and this fit the bill. I had seen Loof's photo and review on My 3 Chefs and knew I had to try it. The only think I did differant was use splenda instead of sugar, and ginger loose tea that I had purchased on a trip to Thailand. It truly is amazing. Thanks so much for a recipe I'll be using often.Reply
see 3 more