German Lentil Soup With Frankfurters
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions, peeled & chopped
- 2 medium carrots, scraped, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 cups lentils, washed & drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb frankfurter, sliced thickly
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned, chopped
- 8 cups water
- bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Saute onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in heated oil in a large kettle for 5 minutes.
- Add water, lentils, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook slowly, covered, about 30 minutes, until lentils are just tender.
- Add frankfurters and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
12/23/2020...I finally got the stars to take...three years trying...I made this again for the hubby...I wish I could get the stars to show...delicious...12/29/2016 5 stars...I made this delicious soup for the German hubby...he was a happy camper...I did cut this way down...I made 2 servings and he ate both of them...I did get a couple of bites...it's so easy to make...I used the Boar Head German frankfurters...made for "First Time" tag game...not sure why the stars are not showing...I guess the site is having problems...again...
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"