German Farmer's Breakfast
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cooked and finely diced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a good-sized frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour bacon grease out of pan and add butter.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Chop or crumble the bacon.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over onions and potatoes and add bacon pieces.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
Join The Conversation
I made this recipe on 3/23/12 for two events, " Peppercorns~Black Pepper Event " in the Food Photo Forum & the " More Than Sauerkraut & Dumplings Event " in the German Forum.Except for cutting the recipe down to just one serving,the recipe was made exactly as it was written. This reminds me so much of what my Mom( who was of German Heritage ) would come up with. )And I have to tell you," It was very good and will certainly be made again." Thank so much for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "