Garlic Greens (Sauteed Spinach)
photo by Munchkin Mama
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (bottled is fine)
- 20 ounces spinach leaves, washed (bagged is fine)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan and saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add the spinach and stir constantly.
- When the spinach is completely wilted, turn off the heat.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the spinach and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, these are best hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I make this same recipe often. I love the tang of the lemon, but some people don't, so I put wedges out and let others add if they wish. I do use more garlic, but I love garlic. Be sure not to burn the garlic or it gives the whole dish a strange flavor. If you have it hanging around, a few cooked, crumbled pieces of bacon strewn over the top enhances this dish to another level.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>