Fudge Frosted Brownies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Hershey's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan and preheat the oven to 350*.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and blend into butter mixture.
- Pour into greased pan and bake ABOUT 30 mins., depending on your oven. *BAKE LESS TIME IF YOU LIKE YOUR BROWNIES FUDGEY AND MORE TIME IF YOU LIKE THEM CAKEY*.
- While brownies are baking, make the frosting: In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and stir in cocoa powder and milk.
- Off heat, beat in the sugar.
- Spread evenly over brownies while they are still warm (not immediately out of the oven).
- When cool, cut into small squares.
- The yield depends on how large you cut them.
- This recipe is easily doubled (bake in a 9x13 pan) and nuts may be added to both the brownies and the frosting.
Join The Conversation