Fruit Salad With Honey and Spice Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chili powder surprises the palate when blended with honey and lime juice, and intensifies the already fabulous taste of the fresh fruit.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 medium ripe papaya
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups spinach, stems removed & torn
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup pineapple or 1 cup banana, chunks
- 1 cup sliced peach (and or or nectarines)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (green and or or red)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (or walnuts)
- Peel papaya; cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds; coarsely chop papaya. Measure 1 1/4 cups. In a food processor or blender combine the chopped papaya, honey, lime peel, lime juice, canola oil, chili powder, and salt. Cover; process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a covered container; chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- To serve, in a very large bowl place spinach, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, grapes, blueberries, and pecans. Toss to combine. Drizzle with some of the dressing (about 1/2 cup). Toss to coat evenly. Pass remaining dressing.
- Store any remaining dressing, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION