Frozen Fruit Pops
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved
- 2 very ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and halved (you may sub peaches, grapes, mango, etc.)
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry (fresh or frozen, or other berries of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Several hours or day bdfore serving prepare fruit purees: Place bananas, kiwifruit, and fresh strawberries in freezer until partially frozen and firm.
- (If using frozen strawberries, allow to thaw slightly until just softened.) Pour orqnge juice into glass dish or pie plate; freeze until almost solid.
- In food processor with chopping blade or blender, combine 2 banana halves, 1 tbls.
- corn syrup, and the orange juice; process until mixture is smooth and pureed.
- Divide between two 3-ounce metal timbale molds, two 5-ounce paper cups, or any 3-ounce popsicle molds.
- Puree kiwifruit with 1 banana half and 1 tbls.
- corn syrup; divide mixture between 2 molds or cups.
- Puree strawberries with remaining banana and corn syrup; divide between 2 molds or cups.
- Place all fruit-filled molds in freezer.
- After 45 minutes, insert popsicle sticks in center of pops.
- Freeze pops several hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- To serve, remove pops from molds by quickly dipping molds into hot water; then, holding stick, pull pop out of mold.
- If using paper cups, paper can be peeled off.
Join The Conversation