Frosted Creams Cookies
- Ready In:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup light molasses
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (more if needed for spreading consistency)
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease baking pans.
- Sift first six ingredients together; set aside.
- Mix butter, brown sugar and boiling water together; let cool.
- Add molasses and eggs; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually.
- Spread in prepared pan to a thickness of not more than 1/2 inch.
- Bake until mixture springs back when pressed lightly with a finger, about 25 to 30 minutes (time required will depend upon the thickness of the batter).
- When cool, frost with white icing and cut into squares.
- For the frosting: Cream together sugar and the butter; add vanilla.
- Add the milk and beat on a medium speed until frosting is desired spreading consistency.
- If needed, add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!