- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb turkey bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in oven safe skillet (most are oven safe up to 400 degrees, check with manufacturer).
- Add onion and bacon, cook for about 5-7 minutes or until bacon is crispy and onion soft.
- Make sure spinach is drained of excess water and add to onion/bacon mixture along with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes (to taste).
- Whisk eggs, cream, and cheese together in small bowl until well combined and frothy.
- Pour eggs over onion/bacon/spinach.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until eggs have set up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good! My only complaints are that the prep took closer to 20 minutes, and the cook time turned out to be 24 minutes for me. I did double the amount of cheese I included, and I also added a couple roasted red potatoes that I wanted to use up. They proved to be a nice addition. I did drain most of the bacon grease, since I didn't have turkey bacon, and had to use regular bacon. (Maybe that takes longer to crisp, giving me the longer prep?>) Overall, I like this recipe, and (after the first slice), it came out of the pan beautifully.