Fried Strawberries With Honey Cream
A Netherhill Strawberry Farm Favorite Recipe! I had never heard of deep frying strawberries....but they are really good!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 cups oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay, Semillon, chablis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; Pat dry with paper towels; Set aside.
- Whip Cream and Honey in a bowl until thick and put in fridge.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer heat 2 inches oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar; Make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, wine and the 2 tablespoons oil;
- Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip berries, a few at a time, into batter.
- Fry strawberries in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- While still warm, roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- Serve warm with Honey Cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Ok, I'm a good cook....my family thinks I'm great.....what did I do wrong here?My berries were ripe, washed and dried...allowed to sit on paper towels until I was ready to dip and fry.......all of the batter slid off....not a single one worked. I'm baffled.....stopped after second batch of three.......had some oily , soft berries and lots of crispy fried batter bits. I admit I don't deep fry a lot but still.....any thoughts?Reply
WOW! My mother is a HUGE strawberry fan, so I had to give this a try. This was one of those recipes that looks so odd that it just might work lol. I never thought of frying berries before in a batter... but man were they good! I served these along side Recipe #172925. I plan on making these again... well my family members are forcing me too! Made for ZWT 3!Reply
WOO HOO! This was beyond words! After eating a bunch we got the bright idea to dip them in chocolate syrup and then in the honeycream- OMG! I did not think they could get any better! These are amazing with or without the crazy chocolate idea! Be careful- these lead to overindulgences and memories of 'county fair' food and fits of giggles and grins! You are so amazing NC! Thanks for sharing this decadent recipe!Reply
see 9 more