Fried Rice With Cilantro
"A delicious fried rice. You can use either chicken, pork, bacon or seafood - great with calamari and prawns."
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, diced
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cubed skinless, boneless
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped fresh
- 5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet, over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic until golden, then add the chili pepper and chicken meat, and stir-fry until cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently. When the mixture is well blended, stir in the green onions, basil, and cilantro. Cook for 1 more minute, then serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good, we all like fried rice, when I make rice I usually double up so that I will have extra to make fried rice with. I made the recipe as is, and then added a few bits and pieces, according to what I had in the fridge, some broccoli florets, some shrimps, made a small omelet and thinly sliced it ....... fried rice is so versatile!! Thank you Lyn, this was very much enjoyed, made for PRMR tag game.Reply
see 3 more