Fresh Salmon Patties
photo by driscoll.m
- Ready In:
6-8 salmon patties
- 1 lb fresh salmon fillet, chopped small
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, snip with kitchen scissors into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in saute pan, add red bell pepper, garlic and green onion. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Cool slightly then add to a bowl with the chopped salmon, mashed potatoes, egg, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and lemon pepper. Mix thoroughly then form into patties (about 6-8). Place patties in a dish with the panko bread crumbs, turn patties to coat with crumbs. Refrigerate or freeze for later. To serve, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan, add thawed patties and cook on medium-low heat until golden brown -- approx 6 minutes each side until salmon is cooked through. Serve with a dab of good tarter sauce and lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!