Fresh Fruit in Lime-Yogurt-Cardamom Dressing
Light, healthy,refreshing,cooling and comforting.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- honey, to taste depends on how sweet the fruit is
- 1 cantaloupe, diced into 1/2 pieces
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 bunch seedless black grapes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, garnish
- mint leaf, garnish
- Put all the fruit into a bowl.
- Completely mix yogurt, lime juice, cardamom, and honey.
- Fold into diced fruit.
- Keep refrigerated till ready to serve.
- Top with mint leaves and nuts for garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had a hard time with this recipe - I used more than double one cup of yogurt, and thus doubled the cardamom. BIG MISTAKE. A little cardamom goes a really long way. Of course, it's not Rita's fault that we added too much cardamom, but I've never actually thrown away RecipeZaar food before. If in doubt, start with way less cardamom, and add until you're satisfied.
I LOVE fruit! This salad was yummy. I think we would have to get accustomed to the cardamom, though. Hubby and daughter didn't care for it. I liked it, but will use less cardamom next time. I did fresh grind my cardamom seeds, so that could be the reason the flavor was so strong. Still, it was a very good!