Fresh Blueberries With Lemon Cream
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Using a fork, break up cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt to the bowl along with honey.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until light and creamy.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Layer the lemon cream and blueberries in dessert dishes or wineglasses.
- If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We are working hard with our 9 year old, trying to teach better eating habits. So I'm trying to find healthier fruit based treats that I think he'll like. This one was great! I used fat free vanilla yogurt which worked well. We loved it with the blueberries but the 9 year old asked if I'd just make him the yogurt sometime for a treat. Thanks for a really good one!
I love the flavor combination here!!! The fresh blueberries combined with the cream and fresh lemon zest are wonderful!! I used a raw, thick honey. I think it has the best flavor and it thickens the mix even better!! This is a nice thing to serve guests, I thought it was lovely!! Thanks for posting, will definitely make again!!!