French Toast Forest Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Cut out the tree shapes in the bread using a cookie cutter. You can also free-form the tree shape by hand if you do not have a cookie cutter.
- Grease your 8- or 9-inch cast iron pan (or any round baking dish).
- Line up the trees in the pan with a bit of an overlap, so they are standing up.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, jam, sugar and cinnamon until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Being sure to soak the tips of the trees as well as the bases.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight. This is to ensure the mixture is soaked up by the bread.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm with fresh fruit, maple syrup and butter or your prefered toppings.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!