French Market Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mixed bean soup with a sophisticated addition of red wine.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 2 cups dry mixed beans (pinto, butterbeans, blackeyed peas, kidney, black, garbanzo, navy, green or yellow split peas)
- 2 -3 quarts water
- ham hock (optional)
- herbs (thyme, bay leaf, parsley)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb link sausage (diced)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- Wash & drain bean mix, add 2 - 3 qts. water, ham hock (if using) and herbs.
- Simmer, covered, 2.5 - 3 hours.
- Add tomatoes, onions, celery, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Simmer, covered 1.5 hours until creamy.
- Brown sausage and chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, then add to soup.
- Simmer 30 - 40 minutes.
- Before serving add 1/2 cup red wine and 1/2 cup parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION