French Cabbage Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From "Don's Secrets" of Don's Seafood restaurants in La. and Tx. Posted for ZWT5
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 lb oleo
- 1 cup chopped cooked cabbage
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (5 ounce) can lobsters
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 lbs head cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- salt, black pepper and Cayenne, to taste
- Remove 12 outer leaves from cabbage.
- Par boil the leaves for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cut up center of cabbage to equal 1 cup.
- Cook until tender. Set aside.
- Melt oleo in heavy pot: add 1 cup onions and 1/2 cup celery and 1 teaspoons tomato paste.
- Cook til onions are wilted.
- Add shrimp and cook 7 minutes.
- Fold in cooked cabbage center, lobster, rice and season to taste.
- Fill each leaf with mixture, roll securely and pin with toothpick.
- Cook tomato sauce, tomato paste, 1/2 cup celery and 1/2 cup onions in cooking oil.
- Cook until oil comes to the top.
- Drop in cabbage rolls.
- Cover and let steam 7 -10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION