Freezer Cucumber Pickles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this recipe in an old issue of Taste of Home(1995). My Grandmother loves these pickles, she asks me to make them for her about once a year. (Prep time includes 2 hours standing time).
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- Combine cucumbers, onions, salt and water in a very large bowls (or divide evenly into 2 bowls).
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Add sugar and vinegar; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pack in 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1-inch headspace.
- Cover and freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION