Football Dip Bowl
photo by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf rhodes bread dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 mozzarella string cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- Cut about 2 inches of dough off the end of loaf. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray and roll the cut off piece into a 9x12-inch oval. Trim two 1x10-inch strips off the oval and set them aside. Place the oval on sprayed baking sheet and shape into a flat football shape.
- Roll remaining part of loaf into a 12-inch rope. Cut it in half lengthwise. Curve each half into an arch and lay (one on each side) on top of the rolled out oval to form a football shaped bowl. Pinch ends together securely making a point at each end. Lay the one inch strips you set aside over each end of the football to make the stripes. Tuck the ends under the football.
- Brush with beaten egg and let rise 30-45 minutes. Pinch the ends again to make nice points and bake at 350F 30 minutes. Let cool and trim out middle of football to make as much space as desired for your dip. Fill with Queso Dip (recipe below). Make stitching by cutting a string cheese and lay on top of dip. Serve with chips.
- Queso Dip: Cut cheese into cubes and melt in microwave. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Heat again and serve, with chips, in Football Dip Bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Rhodes Bake-N-Serv is the brand name used by Rhodes International, Inc. which is owned and managed by Ken Farnsworth Jr., his eldest son Kenny Farnsworth, President, and Erik Lehnardt. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with plants in Columbus, Wisconsin. Rhodes Bake-N-Serv supplies grocery stores, club stores, and mass merchandisers across the United States. Rhodes is also available to restaurants, schools, and other institutions through food service distributors.<br /> <br /> Rhodes Bake-N-Serv continues the tradition of quality started by Mr. Herbert Cecil Rhodes Jr. and all the dedicated people who have made Rhodes “America’s Favorite Frozen Dough”.</p>