Flavored Butter: Sweet Brandy
Gift or fridge. *Uses: on or in Christmas and rich puddings such as malva, use instead of custard as a sauce with sticky puddings, on hot scones or English muffins, over stewed fruit, in bread and butter puddings
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar (confectioners or powdered)
- Beat 3 tablespoons of brandy, 2 tablespoons of icing sugar into the butter till very smooth and spoon into a pretty jar and refrigerate.
- Wrap each butter roll in foil and then tissue paper, twisting the ends like a sweet wrapper.
- Add a label with the flavour.
- Include suggestions for uses or recipes and bundle together in a gift basket.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm a huge fan of flavoured butters & even have a cookbook devoted to them. I made a half recipe exactly as written to accompany Recipe #333246 by weekend cooker & serve to guests Fri nite. I did a taste test, added a bit more brandy & sugar & was good-to-go. That's part of the beauty of this tasty & ingredient-friendly quick-fix .. that you can adjust any of the 3 ingredients to achieve a flavour that best suits your taste pref. I molded warm servings of the cinnamon bread pudding in ramekins, drizzled them w/your sweet brandy butter & served extra sauce on the side. I didn't see a single drop of the sweet brandy butter left in my sml sauce containers. Thx for sharing this yummy & sure to be repeated recipe w/us. :-)1Reply