Firecracker Enchilada Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Not a real stomach-stinger, but hot enough. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 6 frozen corn tortillas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender; discard pan drippings.
- Add chili powder, cumin and salt; stir well.
- Cook meat mixture over low heat 10 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Layer beans, tortillas and cheese over meat mixture.
- Pour tomato liquid over cheese; chop tomatoes, and spread tomatoes and chiles over cheese.
- Spread soup over top of casserole.
- Cover baking pan; refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This turned out very well for us. I made it the night before, put in the frig, then popped in the oven and dinner was ready with no problem. The casserole was very well seasoned but like you said, did not burn us up. The layered ingredients was very interesting and my family gave it their approval. Thanks Anita.10Reply