Firecracker Appetizer Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 cups mexican taco cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- chopped black olives (for garnish)
- green onion (for garnish)
- tomatoes (for garnish)
- 4 cups corn flaked cereal, finely crushed to 2 cups
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine crushed cereal and butter. Mix well.
- Press firmly into the bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs.
- Add green chilies, jalapenos and cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until center is firm.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place on serving plate. Loosen sides of the pan with a knife and remove.
- Spread top of pie with sour cream.
- Garnish with black olives, green onions, tomatoes.
- Serve with crusted baguette slices or tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born in the former Yugoslavia (Ponosna Licanka). Lived in Europe, America and Canada. Now I'm back in the Motor City. Married my first (and only) love in 2001, after initially dating in 1989. We have three wonderful, gorgeous boys together. DH is a handsome smarty pants, working for one of the big 3. Currently I am a student in the local university's Nursing Program. DH accepted a job in Shanghai, so we'll be living there for 3 years, starting summer 2009. ***Update: graduated nursing school, moved to Shanghai August 2009 & since January 2010, we have been living in Beijing, China.