Fresh Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon sugar (if needed)
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion and celery in a medium non-stick saucepan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, rosemary.
- Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to the blender, (work in batches if you need to) add the roasted garlic, and puree until fairly smooth.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Taste the soup, and if it is too acidic, add a little sugar to taste.
- Serve with some chopped fresh basil.
5 Stars, we love tomatoes, and this was very satisfying. Not a fan of cooking spray, so used 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to saute. Did not notice "roasted" garlic cloves until too late, so minced 4 garlic cloves and sauteed with onion and celery. Used immersion blender instead of moving soup to blender; would have been less messy if I had used a Dutch oven to prepare this soup, and left soup somewhat chunky due to personal preference. Served as soup prior to linguine with Recipe#308692 #308692 for very filling meal. Made for veg*n swap August 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Friend me on Facebook: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Rebekah Reid</a> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/badges.php" title="Make your own badge!" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Create Your Badge</a><a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP"><img src="http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1059979755.389.889814801.png" alt="Rebekah Reid" style="border: 0px;" /></a> Follow me on <a href="http://twitter.com/Becky_R">Twitter!</a> <a href="http://web.me.com/kozmic_blues">My Website!</a> <a href="http://beckystastyplanet.blogspot.com/">Food Blog!</a> <a href="http://gallery.mac.com/kozmic_blues">Photo Gallery!</a> Thanks for visiting my "About Me" page!! I'm Becky and I live in Providence, Rhode Island. I probably enjoy cooking more than almost anything...which is why I adore this site so much!! Nothing makes me more happy than to create a meal for family and friends to share together and ENJOY. <img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mxVQnIIYIrpqKM:http://quakeragitator.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/autism_awareness_logo3.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:AfhXhWEtLQYbVM:http://www.marriageequalityri.org/photos/shop.a1.jpg><img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:iSI4l3JhSOqKPM:http://marriagerights.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/gay-pride-flag-738850.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:1J1-2O7PWW4c5M:http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mccorkhi/vegan.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/group07kiwi.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group02banana.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group12starfruit.jpg>