Fat Free Ginger Molasses Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 egg whites, at room temp
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and cloves into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, apple butter, and molasses.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Using about 1/4 cup, put the batter onto a non-stick griddle or a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Flip them when the top is covered with bubbles and they are starting to brown on the edges.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes or until they are brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were delightful for a snowy Sunday morning breakfast. They wanted to stick in the middle after the flip but it wasn't a big enough problem that I wouldn't make them again. They are light, fluffy and so yummy with the apple butter and spice. I topped it with a sugar free maple flavored syrup and totally enjoyed them. Heres a guilt free and yummy gingerbread like pancake that everyone will enjoy.
These are the first pancakes I've made with beaten egg whites and I was just so joyous that I got the whites to whip! These have a wonderful gingerbready flavor and a wonderfully light texture. Due to the low fat content of these, I found that they stuck, even to a lightly oiled nonstick skillet. Just due to that, I wonder if using maybe 1/2 Tbs apple butter and 1/2 Tbs oil (or maybe 2 tps apple butter, 1 tsp oil?) would help but still leave the fat content fairly low. ? Cook, easy and tasty. We enjoyed with real maple syrup. Thanks for a lovely lowfat pancake recipe, ladypit!