Farmhouse Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- Roll out pie crust, and lay in pan - metal's best!
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Add syrup, butter, pecans, salt and vanilla. Pour into pie pan, and place on cookie sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup in case the lovely goo boils over.
- Cook on 350 for 10 minutes; then reduce temperature to 325 for 30 minutes.
- Temperature reduction is to keep crust from burning.
- Ovens vary in performance and cook times should be adjusted accordingly (I had to cook mine an additional 10 minutes).
- Pie is done when center jiggles like jello when you shake the pie.
- Make sure the pie cools completely before you cut it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!