Farm-Style Potato Swirl
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 large potatoes, Peeled
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, pressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup hot milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Cut potatoes into cubes, Place in a large sauce pan cover with water, add salt and boil about 20 ,inutes until tender, Drain.
- Mash potatoes, add green onions and garlic mix to blend.
- Add butter,hot milk,egg yolks,pepper and nutmeg. whip until light and fluffy then add parsley.
- Add mozzarella cheese,sausage and parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered ovenproof dish, sprinkle with herbs and arrange the sausage slices around outer edge of potatoe mixture.Heat under broiler until lightly browned and hot, 5-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Came across this while looking for something to use up egg yolks - I needed the whites for a pie. I was finding mainly desserts (which I don't need more of!). While I didn't stick to the recipe exactly, it was a perfect base for a lot of ingredients I needed to use up. I used a leftover regular onion instead of green. And I had bacon to use up so I used that instead of smoked sausage - although I will definitely try this sometime with sausage! Mmmmm One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar. I can't stand cheddar and mozzarella doesn't substitute well in most cheddar recipes. The mozzarella fits great in this! Thanks a bunch!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a housewife, I love to cook and experiment with different spices and flavors, there are not many recipe ideas I will not try. EXCEPT! anything that is extremely HOT and SPICY, I have a allot of family members living here and most of us spend the holidays together.We all Love to eat and look forward to the different AND the traditional recipes on the Holidays. My pet peeve...HUM it makes me crazy when someone cooks and leaves the mess pile up, It's easier to clean as you go, that way when the food is done you can actually sit down and enjoy it. I am very passionate about and being apart of the fight to prevent animal cruelty, and helping to educate people about what happens to Children or Pets left in vehicles on very hot or very cold days, also Pets left in extreme elements outside without the proper necessities. I believe that anyone that purposely harms or torturers a child or a animal is a Coward!