Fall Harvest Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a pie with a really new fall flavour. I adapted it from one in the current Homemaker's magazine. I used Gravenstein Apples but any tart cooking apple will do
- Ready In:
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup grated apple
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes in 425F oven.
- Renmove from oven and lower oven temperature to 400F.
- While shell is baking, beat eggs with cornstarch until smooth.
- Add butter, syrups, sugar, orange zest, cranberries, pecans and apples.
- Pour into the partially baked pie shell and return to the 400F oven
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION