Fabulous Frosty Fruit
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- Drain peaches, reserving the juice.
- Chop peaches. Add chopped peaches, nectar and strawberries to medium bowl and stir.
- Divide mixture evenly among 3 ice shaver tubs and cover with lids.
- Place tubs in freezer and freeze until firm (about 6 hours.).
- Cut cantaloupe into 8 wedges.
- Place a chilled bowl under the ice shaver to catch shavings.
- Remove frozen mixture from 1 tub and shave with ice shaver.
- Using ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop of shaved fruit mixture in each cantaloupe wedge. Serve immediately.
- Save the 2 remaining tubs of frozen fruit mixture to make this breakfast treat again or to enjoy for a snack or dessert.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?