Everyday Shredded Pork Filling
- Ready In:
- 11hrs 30mins
- 2 onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork butt, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Microwave onions, chili powder, oil, garlic, chipotles, coriander, and cumin in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomato sauce and sugar into slow cooker.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, and add to slow cooker, and coat evenly with sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook until pork is tender, 9-11 hours on LOW or 5-7 hours on HIGH.
- Transfer pork to large bowl, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces, discarding excess fat; cover to keep warm.
- Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- Toss shredded pork with 1 cup braising liquid as needed to keep meat moist and flavorful.
- Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use as filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!