Ema Datshi (Bhutan)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- Add the rice and about 1 1/2 times as much water to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, put the chiles and onions into a pot with the water. Add the vegetable oil.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Boil uncovered for 10 minutes, then add the tomato and garlic.
- Continue to boil for 2 more minutes, then add the cheese and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cilantro and remove from the heat.
- Stir and cover. Let stand for two minutes before serving over red rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">