- Ready In:
- 96hrs 20mins
- 30 elderflower heads
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 3 liters water
- 100 g citric acid (powdered)
- 4 kg sugar
- Cut oranges and lemon in slices (wash thoroughly before using).
- Dissolve citric acid powder in the 3 litres of water.
- Add cleaned elderflower heads, orange and lemon slices to water.
- Let rest for 3 days.
- Add 4kg of sugar and stir from time to time.
- Let rest for another day.
- Strain contents through a kitchen towel/mousselin and transfer to sterile glass bottles (you can save up some empty wine bottles, rinse them with boiling water and put them in the hot oven for about 1 hour at 150°C).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!